Tips and tricks: Daemonic Gifts
The new Daemons of Chaos and Chaos Daemons books have Daemonic Gifts, which function very differently to the normal Magic Items and Wargear. You can buy a number of gifts of a certain type, but you don’t determine what they are until the start of the game.
Here’s how I would cater for Daemonic Gifts in Quartermaster.
- Make sure you have version 4.3 of Quartermaster or greater.
- Add all the Exalted Gifts, Greater Gifts, and Lesser Gifts to the items list for the Quartermaster template. Give each gift a cost of 0 points.
- For any character or unit that can purchase Daemonic Gifts, add a Command option for each different type they’re allowed, up to the maximum they can buy.
- For example, if a Fantasy character is allowed gifts up to a total cost of 50 points, add a Command upgrade for “Greater Gift” up to a maximum of 1 with a cost of 50 points, and a Command upgrade for “Lesser Gift” up to a maximum of 2 with a cost of 25 points.
- For each Command option you created for the gifts, add item allowances. Enter the type of Daemonic Gift, and set no points limit.
Now you’ll be able to equip the Command options during list creation to show the types of Daemonic Gifts you’re buying. Then, once you roll for the gifts at the start of a game, choose the Daemonic Gift from the Magic Items or Wargear list for the Command option representing the gift you just rolled.