Quartermaster 4.3 is now available in the App Store.
★ Share game systems ★
You can now export your game systems, making it much easier to share your common Magic Items list. Import shared game system files in the same way as army list files and template files.
- From the Edit Templates view, tap the blue disclosure button for the game system on iPhone, or tab the Edit Items button for the game system on iPad.
- In the Items view, tap the Share button.
★ Open files in other apps ★
Open army list files, template files, and game system files in compatible apps. Compatible apps include Dropbox and other cloud storage services, local file storage apps, and text-editing apps for advanced tinkering.
- Tap the Share button from any army list view, template view, or system items view.
- Tap the Open In button and choose the other app.
★ Magic Item and Wargear allowances for unit command ★
Templates now allow unit command characters to be given item allowances. Give unit characters access to magic items or wargear, and give unit standard bearers access to magic banners.
- When editing a template, tap the ‘add item allowances’ cell.
- Edit item allowances in the same manner as for Lords, Heroes, and HQ characters.
★ Better use of special rules ★
Add special rules to your magic items, wargear, and unit options to create a quick reference for your army.
- Add special rules to magic items and wargear.
- Special rules for items are listed with the option when creating lists.
- Any magic items, wargear, and unit options with special rules are listed below the published list.
★ Improved published lists and summaries ★
Several changes have been made to improve the usefulness and readability of the published lists and summaries.
- Simplified navigation lets you access both published lists and summaries straight from the Share button.
- Any upgrades with special rules but without profiles are now listed below the published list.
- Summaries are now even more streamlined, removing unnecessary details.
- Published list layouts now look cleaner.
★ Improved template editing ★
Editing options and upgrades in templates is now quicker and easier.
- Auto-correct is now active when entering unit and option names. Originally I thought this would be annoying with all the non-standard words in the games, but as iOS learns new words over time it becomes really useful for quick data entry.
- New options default to being equipped automatically with a cost of 0, making it quicker to add standard equipment for units.
- As soon as a cost is added for an option, it is set to not being equipped automatically, as it must be a paid option.
- When setting the ‘equip’ setting, choose ‘equip once for the unit’ for quick single options.
- The ‘equip up to a set maximum’ option now defaults to 2, the most common maximum.
★ Helpful hints and links ★
Authoring templates is hard work. Quartermaster now contains a few helpful hints and links to online resources to get you started more quickly.
- Go straight to the online user manual from the template editing view.
- Search the web for shared templates.
- Create a template just for 40k Fortifications and add it as an allied detachment to include Fortifications in your army.